Client Money - 20 July 2022
This course is specifically designed to assist teams in dealing with client money audits and the client assets report, as well as staying up to date with their statutory and regulatory obligations in this complicated area.
It focuses on providing an overview of client money and the permissions that go with it and is designed to help firms to identify client money while taking steps to avoid inadvertently holding it.
This course also looks at definitions of what client money is, what might cause inadvertent receipt, and the steps to take to prepare for the client assets report.
It includes examples of the latest enforcement actions and case studies that will be relevant to a wide variety of firms. The session looks at the Client Assets and Money (CASS) audit and the client asset assurance process.
- A sound knowledge of the UK Regulatory Environment
- A comprehensive understanding of what client money is
- An appreciation of the protections that the regulator expects to see in place in this area
- An understanding of the reporting obligations in this area and the responsibilities that different firm types have
- An opportunity to appreciate where it can go wrong and that challenges firms face
- The UK Regulatory Environment
- Client money – an overview
Definition and the principle
Client money - conduct rules
Course aimed at: All staff - specifically finance and compliance teams